Top Ten Facts for Jose Aldo vs. Frankie Edgar
1. Jose Aldo will enter the Octagon this Saturday riding a 14-fight win streak. Aldo's only career defeat came back in 2005 in his 8th career MMA bout.
2. Under the Zuffa banner (WEC & UFC), Aldo has finished 8 of his 11 fights - all by way of (T)KO.
3. The scar on Aldo's face is a result of his sisters rolling him into a barbecue pit when he was a child.
4. Aldo holds a black belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, but only one of his career victories have come by way of submission (technically, he has two submission wins, but one was by way of verbal submission to strikes).
5. UFC 156 will mark Aldo's 6th title defense since winning the featherweight title in 2009 from Mike Brown.
1. Frankie Edgar's bout against Jose Aldo will be his debut at featherweight, as well as his 7th consecutive championship fight.
2. Edgar was originally expected to meet Aldo at UFC 153 in replace of an injured Erik Koch, but the champion suffered an injury, forcing a four month delay.
3. The last time Edgar fought someone not named BJ Penn, Benson Henderson, or Gray Maynard, Kimbo Slice was still in the UFC. "The Answer" fought the three top lightweights each twice, going 3-2-1 in that span.
4. In his last six fights (all title fights), Edgar has racked up serious cage time, spending 143 minutes and 54 seconds in competition with his average fight during that span lasting just a few seconds shy of 24 minutes.
Check out all our UFC 156 news