5 Fast Facts for UFC 158's Co-Main Event
1. Both fighters were originally scheduled to face other opponents at UFC 158. Johny Hendricks was supposed to fight Jake Ellenberger and Carlos Condit was supposed to have a rematch with Rory MacDonald. However, MacDonald injured himself in training and was forced to withdraw from the fight, allowing Hendricks to step in as a replacement.
2. Hendricks and Condit are arguably the two most dangerous strikers in the welterweight division and have received a combined 5 Knockout of the Night awards. Johny has earned this honor 3 times, the most in UFC welterweight history. Carlos Condit became the first man to knock down Georges St. Pierre since 2007 with a beautiful head kick in their title fight at UFC 154.
3. Hendricks and Condit each pack a lot of power in their left hands. Carlos handed Dan Hardy his first knockout loss with a left hook at UFC 120, and Hendricks' straight left has KO'd both Jon Fitch and Martin Kampmann.
4. Between the two of them, these competitors have faced literally every current welterweight superstar in the UFC. This is why it is quite appropriate that they are finally meeting on March 16th - because with the exception of 170 lb. newcomer Demian Maia, either Hendricks or Condit has fought (and mostly beaten) every highly ranked contender in the division.
5. If Hendricks is victorious, he will face the winner of UFC 158's main event title fight between welterweight champion Georges St. Pierre and Nick Diaz.
Check out all of our UFC 158 news